The Marikina Science High School evolved from the prestigious High School Department of Marikina Institute of Science and Technology (now Marikina Polytechnic College). While Marikina Institute of Science and Technology was under Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), the High School Department was spun-off. Conversion into a Science High School was the most logical thing to do since the High School Department has been implementing the Science curriculum in its Math and Science sections since 1978. The Sangguniang Panglungsod ng Marikina passed Resolution No. 118, series of 2001, endorsing the conversion of the Marikina Institute of Science and Technology High School Department into Marikina Science High School. It was approved and signed by then Education Secretary Raul Roco in November, 2001. The Science High School was transferred to Department of Education with Mr. Lauro Z. De Guzman as its first principal.
- Ms. Jeanette J. Coroza – 2017- present
- Maria A. Nicolas (OIC) – 2017-2017
- Ms. Nida P. Andrada (OIC) – 2017-2017
- Ms. Emily G. Santos – 2016-2017
- Mr. Alberto D. Villamor – 2014-2016
- Mrs. Victoria D. Naranja – 2012-2014
- Mr. Albert B. Mutia – 2010-2012
- Mr. Edgardo L. Nieto – 2009-2010
- Mr. Lauro Z. De Guzman – 2001-2009
- Provide an intensive and advanced secondary curriculum that can develop students’ higher intellectual, critical and creative thinking skills thereby preparing them for a career in the sciences.
- Maximize students’ potential through varied academics and co-curricular activities.
- Integrate moral and spiritual values especially DISCIPLINE, GOOD TASTE and EXCELLENCE in all learning areas.
- Work harmoniously with the different sectors of society in the conservation and preservation of the environment.